Our favourite event at the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival is undoubtedly the National Graduate Showcase, presented by AMP Capital (although we may be a little biased).
As the Supporting Partner of the show for the second year running, we are super excited to share with you the talented lineup of finalists. The 12 graduates, from some of the county's most renowned design institutions and universities, will be showcasing their works on March 19 at the Royal Exhibition Building.
The finalists were selected by a panel of industry professionals, made up of VAMFF CEO, Graeme Lewsey; Fashion Category Manager at AMP Capital, Alicia Kemp; Life with Bird Designer, Bridget McCall; Gorman Designer, Lisa Gorman; Alpha60 designers, Georgie and Alex Cleary; Stylist, Kate Gaskin; and FJ editor, Leah White.
The 12 finalist designers are:
- Natalie Vladimiroff, University Of Technology Sydney
- Victoria Bliss, RMIT
- Tony Lee, University Of Technology Sydney
- William Thi, RMIT
- Zhuxuan (Aimee) He, University Of Technology Sydney
- Nehma Vitols, University Of Technology Sydney
- Tara Bailey, University Of Technology Sydney
- Talia Jimenez, University Of Technology Sydney
- Rochelle Bramich, Whitehouse Institute of Design
- Sarah Hope Schofield, RMIT
- Meredith Bullen, University Of Technology Sydney
- Stephanie Henly, RMIT
For a sneak preview of each student’s work, there’ll be a photographic exhibition held at the Royal Exhibition Building from March 14-19.
The exhibit will display images of each finalists' work, as shot in the February issue of FJ (on the streets now).
National Graduate Showcase presented by AMP Capital and supported by Fashion Journal
Royal Exhibition Building Melbourne,
March 19, 7.30pm
Tickets are now available via Ticketek.