Company: Universal Store
Job title: Menswear Designer
Employment type: Full-time
Welcome to Universal Store. We are Australia’s dynamic, fast-growing retail destination for curated street fashion, denim and footwear. We’re here to help our customers find the latest styles from top international and local brands.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to fill our Menswear Designer position. Based in our Brisbane Head Office and reporting to the Head of Buying, the Menswear Designer is responsible for designing and managing the production of Universal Store’s private label men’s apparel.
- Trend and customer research
- Product design and development
- Production management and supplier communications
- Logistics and delivery management
- Quality control
The successful applicant must have:
- Proficiency in creating technical design packs, placement and yardage prints in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Technical understanding and communication skills regarding garment construction and textiles
- Experience as a Menswear Designer of tops and bottoms for a streetwear fashion brand or retailer
- Experience in designing placement and yardage prints for a fashion brand or retailer
- Experience as a Garment Fit Technician for a fashion brand or retailer
- Experience in direct international sourcing and production management for a fashion brand or retailer
If you fit the above requirements, please apply including a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, your CV and a portfolio of previous work.