Company: Mon Purse
Job title: Graphic Designer
Employment type: Full-time
At Mon Purse, we are more than a shopping destination. Mon Purse is a global Omni channel leader in mass customisation, one step ahead of the game. Based in Sydney, we are one of the most talked about brands in Australia, having built an iconic brand and cult following.
We are so many things. We carry our life in our bag. Designed by the customer, made in Europe, and worn around the world - this is Mon Purse. Customers design and monogram their handbags and leather goods on line or in store.
We are about creating an unforgettable customer experience whilst continuing to innovate by combining fashion with technology. We have a ground-breaking team that privileges creativity, excellence and innovation.
Currently on a trajectory of growth, every day we are working on making ourselves bigger and better at what we do. As a member of our team, you will experience a flat organizational structure with access to professional development and learning. Your career path will not be set in stone, and you will have unlimited potential for growth.
We are seeking the best talent out there, and only hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are the qualities that we look for, along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
What we value in our team members
1. Be an Intrapreneur (entrepreneurs within a company).
We value team members who use their business skills and creative abilities to assist us in staying at the top of our game.
2. Be a Disruptor
As a team member, we encourage you to take an idea and run with it. Be open-minded and flexible, be inspired by innovation and unafraid of failure.
This life is not a dress rehearsal, you have one chance at it and you will get out of it what you put in. At Mon Purse, we want you to be passionate about what you do, inspire those around you, be aligned with who we are and what we do. Deeply care about the success of Mon Purse, this passion inside of you will drive you to become the very best you can be and as a result will add to the team’s success
4. Stepping Up
Stepping up is about being in control of your world and taking ownership for your own experiences. At Mon Purse we want to support you to step up by consciously being the best that you can be and serving your customer to the best of your ability. Being accountable and in control will allow you to achieve magnificent results.
About The Role
As a skilled Graphic Designer, you will have an outstanding creative portfolio of current work in the digital space. In order to be successful in this role you will have 2-4 years’ experience under your belt as a graphic designer, and be ready and excited to tackle the next level in your career. This is a digitally-focused role; you will be creating exceptional design which supports our retail marketing projects as well as UI design. You will be required to demonstrate strong organisational, personal and planning skills, with the ability to be proactive and produce results in short deadlines.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for the day-to day design needs of our awesome digital team, you will report in to the Product Manager. Your main focus will be on creating digital banners and design for use across the Mon Purse site (including web and mobile), in support of retail campaigns, sale campaigns and weekly site updates as well as EDM’s.
- You will collaborate and support creative leads in design for use across our social media, digital advertising, and internal requirements. You will also be expected to work across ad-hoc jobs which will pop up from time to time. In this role, you will work closely with Brand Marketing/Social Media team, the UX Analyst and the Head of Digital Marketing.
- You will ensure finished design is of exceptionally high quality and seek continuous improvement to the finished product.
Skills you will need to be successful in this role:
- An outstanding, creative portfolio of current work - digital and brand design.
- Strong mobile design experience
- Creative typographic skills
- Strong knowledge of design principles and their practical application
- Be highly proficient in Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop and Sketch)
- Be ahead of the game in leading design and trends globally
- Exposure to social media projects
- A strong collaborative approach, happy to take instruction from senior designers and work through the process from beginning to end
- Strong attention to detail
- Be passionate about design and possess a high level of creative conceptualization
- Exceptional communication skills, allowing you to successfully connect and correspond with the other team members
- A proactive attitude and the ability to manage your time effectively
- Be able to be given instruction and run with it autonomously
If successful, you will work with a very close knit team driven by a joint passion for achieving greatness in everything that we do. We pride ourselves on open communication, respect for one another and supporting each other to achieve our goals.
We will continuously exceed expectations and delight our customer, whilst changing the retail technology space and loving it. We are looking for the best talent! If this excites you, please apply below.