Job title: Lead Graphic Designer
Employment type: Full-time
The Lead Graphic Designer role will manage and mentor the design team and will be responsible for the successful development and end to end execution of graphic design across the Witchery brand, including collateral for VM, Marketing & Digital.
This role will also work alongside the Creative Manager and support them with the development of creative concepts and play a key strategic role in the development of aesthetic of the Witchery brand.
- Support the Creative Manager with creative concept development when required
- Demonstrate excellent management skills by leading and mentoring the team of Graphic Designers on a day-to-day basis
- Work closely with the Creative Manager, UX and online teams in developing best practice user experiences across all digital channels
- Ensure highest-possible quality standards in all creative deliverables
- Drive and contribute to the creative deliverables through brainstorms, research, concepts
- Draw understanding and inspiration from a wide range of sources
- Proactively seek opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Pursue opportunities to grow your expertise and drive career development
- Must be a hands-on creative
The Ideal Candidate has
- Must have previous experience in a Lead Graphic Design role and managing a team of designers
- High level of proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Strong typesetting skills
- Excellent time management/organisation skills and deadline driven
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Proactive approach to problem solving on all projects
- Have experience and ability to conceptualise designs and work autonomously from initial stages through to finished artwork
- Ability to focus on continuous process improvement
- High level of creative and design development skills
- High level of expertise in Digital Design & Print
- Understanding of best web practices e.g. Responsive Design & UX
- Experienced in motion graphics and animations
- Ability to think outside the box when dealing with designs problems
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts for you and your immediate family on all Country Road, Trenery, Witchery and Mimco products. Further offers and discounts available at David Jones.
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Witchery is Australia's leading fashion label; our inspired designs providing the latest trends that make every woman, man, girl and boy look – and feel – fabulous. Ahead of the curve, we are a daily inspiration. We are the first and last word in style. We are Witchery.
Witchery is part of the Country Road Group, an Australian based retailer with a market leading position. Be it modern Australian designs, urban sophistication or accessories with a quirk, each brand has its own inspiring story to tell.
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Country Road Group prefers to manage all sourcing directly, please submit your applications to this role if you are interested. Please note introductions via agency will not be accepted.