Company: Forever New
Job title: Head of Visual Merchandising
Employment type: Full-time
Forever New is one of Australia's fastest growing fashion clothing and accessories brands, proud to be founded in Melbourne during late 2006. Now in our tenth year, Forever New has been on a journey of global expansion and today operates in over 300 stores in ten countries.
The Forever New brand celebrates the feminine beauty of women, with a signature style flowing through every creative element. Each monthly collection celebrates this beauty, drawing inspiration from global trends in fashion, art, music, film and theatre.
About the role
Your role will be to drive and lead the design, layout and visual merchandising for our retail stores nationally, partnering with senior leaders across the business to influence your concepts and aesthetic.
- Drive and develop the creative direction.
- Develop visual concepts, providing clear direction and ensuring brand consistency
- Lead recommendations and creative guidance for our new collections
- Develop and create an effective strategy, ensuring that we are the global leader in visual merchandise
- People leadership - Lead and inspire a dynamic and engaging team
- Collaborate with senior leaders across the business to drive your vision
- Provide regular and constructive feedback to relevant departments to protect the brand essence
- Create, develop and implement all visual merchandising communications
- Provide direction on artwork, store windows and overall store layout
- Ongoing development of store fixtures to create excitement in the stores, whilst ensuring the commercial needs are met
- Financial management – Create and manage seasonal budgets
In order to be considered for the position you will possess the following skills/experience.
- Significant experience as a national visual merchandise manager within a womenswear fashion environment
- Creative talent and high attention to detail
- Knowledge of local and overseas fashion retail markets
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- People leadership experience
- Company and Culture & Benefits
Join a privately owned globally growing business who are dedicated to team collaboration and innovation whilst promoting our values: Think Customer, Respect for All, Keep it Simple, Take Responsibility and Act with Pace. Forever New HQ is a fast paced retail environment who promote work life balance and ensuring the customer remains at the forefront of our objectives.
Forever New benefits include:
- Generous staff discounts and benefits including the cafes in our business park
- Work for an international global retailer
- Subsidised car parking
- New offices located in Richmond close to public transport
- Enjoy our exciting social committee events, regular sample sales and team events
- Work with industry experts to develop your VM creative career