Company: Country Road
Job title: Designer Womenswear
Employment type: Full-time
Country Road has an amazing opportunity for an experienced Womenswear Designer to join the design team. A true design lead role you will be responsible for the research, design and ranging whilst collaborating with the wider Womenswear design team.
You will have the responsibility of achieving sales budgets, intake margins and gross profit margins for your portfolio whilst ensuring that product is planned in accordance with Country Road range architecture and takes on the essence of Country Road to reinforce the brand position.
- Designing and developing product in line with the Country Road brand strategy that meets customer needs and offers constant innovation
- Working closely with Design Manager and partner the Womenswear Designers to identify trends each season specific to nominated categories
- Developing and sourcing new fabrications/yarns and trims in alignment with seasonal trends, maintaining newness and originality in the range
- Providing clear instruction on all fit and styling changes to QA at time of spec pack handover
- Drive fit direction with QA Technician to ensure consistent fit and high quality standards of workmanship
- Establishing and maintaining with QA a core block/pattern system in order to ensure consistency across all styles
- Researching and reporting on trends, key ideas and fabric, yarn direction relevant for the Brand and categories
- Designing and developing product in line with option plan, OTB and margin requirements
- Assessing weekly sales reports to determine best sellers, sell throughs and problem styles/colours
- Mentor and manage the Design Assistant’s in all aspects of the design process
- Complete regular visits to stores to obtain first hand product feedback from customers and staff
- Undertake overseas buying and sourcing trips, and factory /supplier visits as planned
The Ideal Candidate has
- Experience in a Womenswear design role, having lead a team
- Diploma or degree qualification in Fashion Design or related field
- Exceptional technical skills, fabric and yarn sourcing and knowledge
- Proven understanding and experience with off shore manufacturing
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, having the experience in presenting to the Executive team
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts for you and your immediate family on all Country Road, Trenery, Witchery and Mimco products. Further offers and discounts available at David Jones.
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Country Road has grown to become one of the best known and highly regarded clothing and retail brands in Australia and New Zealand. Country Road creates quality lifestyle products across Womenswear, Menswear, Childrenswear, Babywear and Homewares. Renowned for its commitment to style, quality and design, the fashion ranges are a celebration of all that’s vibrant and exciting about modern Australian living.
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Country Road Group prefers to manage all sourcing directly, please submit your applications to this role if you are interested. Please note introductions via agency will not be accepted.
Want Fashion Journal to send job openings straight to your inbox? Of course you do. Plug in your details below and we'll get you hired.