Job title: Garment Technician
Employment type: Full-time
Driven by innovation and achieving results, and established in 1996 the Australian owned Bardot, has quickly become a leading fashion retailer, specialising in womens and childrenswear. We are a fast paced business with over 1,000 employees, and over 95 stores across Australia. With a continued focus on international and national expansion, Bardot is looking to add a high performing individuals to assist in our growth plans.
Your role will also be to embody and promote the Bardot Core Values in everything you do. As a business we value and promote behaviours that encompass:
- Customer First
This role will be located at the Support Office in Abbotsford, reporting to the Senior Patternmaker. You will liaise between the design teams and production with relation to fits and quality throughout the life cycle of each product and will be responsible for ensuring high quality garments that fit well.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create garments and measurement specifications for each new style.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure accurate understanding and translation of the intended design.
- Provide suggestions of the best way to construct or adjust garment and resolve any potential style and fit issues.
- Measure & process all samples against specifications sent to the vendors and make comments on construction/make issues.
- Organise and attend fit sessions and provide technical advice.
- Identify and prevent potential production and QC problems.
- Ensure size standards, construction and fit of samples/production are consistent.
- Liaise with vendors with regards to fit and construction changes.
- Grade all specs for production.
- Adherence to time lines and timely sign off on all development and production fits.
- Prepare additional/special swing tags when necessary.
- Sign off of care instructions.
- Liaise with the production manager with regards to sign off on shipping samples and approval to ship bulk.
- Prepare reports and inform relevant staff of QC issues relating bulk.
- Knowledge of quality standards and inspection processes.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally:
- 2 - 4 years garment Technician experience in Womenswear
- High attention to detail and be able to prioritise your time
- Qualifications in design/pattern making and strong garment construction experience preferable.
- Ability to problem solve and foresee any potential fit issues.
- Identify and prevent potential production and QC issues.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of grading
- Quality control expertise
- Be able to work in an incredibly fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office skills
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills
- Fabric knowledge preferred
In return we offer:
- A great salary package and location
- Staff discounts - 40% off Bardot and Bardot Junior product
- Job satisfaction by being empowered to make a difference
- A great culture with an opportunity to have fun at work
- Recognition and reward for a job well done
Bardot as an Employer:
Bardot believes we should all be measured in terms of the passion we bring to our workplace, our emphasis on placing the customer first, and the integrity with which we approach our career, and our commitment to expanding our knowledge, and to excellence in everything we do. If this rings true, then make sure you GET OUT THERE! APPLY NOW!
To apply email email@example.com