Company: Assembly Label
Job title: Design/ Development Assistant
Employment type: Full-time
Applications close: June 10
Assembly Label is a Men's and Women's clothing/lifestyle brand based in Sydney. We are searching for an experienced Design / Development Assistant to join the team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Product sketch and specification development of proposed garments / accessories for product lines.
- Manage the sampling critical path, ensuring suppliers adhere to critical development dates.
- Manage and update the sample schedule and be proactive in ensuring delivery dates are met.
- Manage and update range boards, range books and maintaining range plan folders.
- Manage the upkeep of trim sheets, specs etc.
- Engage and manage fit sessions, documenting comments and feedback on fit and quality
- Check SMS samples, PP and shipping samples against Tech packs, details and communicate clearly to factories, and relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare sales samples ranges for sales reps and distributers sales in line with selling periods. · Quality control checks and reporting across all bulk production.
- Present a men's / women's range concept board at the beginning of each development season.
- Develop the VM tools / communication guide for Retail stores to support in-store product presentation.
Qualifications and competencies:
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Qualification in Fashion Design/Manufacturing
- Previous experience in measuring samples accurately alongside providing advice on inconsistencies and discrepancies
- Experience in taking on multiple tasks and support duties within a team to ensure deadlines are met
- Interpersonal - able to meet new changes with an open mind, thrive in fast paced environment and be professional and positive.
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong computer skills including CAD drawings.
- Adobe - Illustrator / Photoshop / InDesign - advanced
- Microsoft excel - intermediate