Company: House of Quirky
Job title: Product Development Designer
Employment type: Full-time
Applications Close: March 16
This is a unique opportunity for a designer with vision and creativity to work across different categories for PD clients such as Target USA, ASOS and Top Shop.
We are looking for someone who loves keeping up with trends locally and globally with a good eye for colour, fabric and prints. Thorough knowledge of garment fitting, construction and fabrication is a must as well as a firm grasp and full proficiency in Adobe suite and other graphics programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing mood boards to create a WOW storyboard that will excite buyers.
- Sourcing suitable prints and colouration adjustments, briefing to print designers.
- Sourcing alternate fabrics with consideration of cost and suitability to design/brand/client.
- Regular research on PD clients and competitors.
- Set-up of specs to ensure first and final fits.
- Set-up of style number and tech packs with clear instructions for our factories to follow.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a creative and fun team working along-side some of Australia's leading fashion brands.
Ideally you will have 2-3 years' experience in fashion design at the mid-market level. You must be able to work independently on projects, and also as part of a fun, collaborative team environment with a can-do, positive. You will be driven and take initiative to keep things moving at a fast pace for quick turnaround of PD projects whilst maintain the highest level of professionalism and communication.
If you're passionate and hungry to work for a quirky company, please email your resume to email@example.com
You will need to include some examples of previous work that represents you as a designer.